Friday, April 30, 2010

Just some stuff from the last few weeks

Went to the Tea Party Rally at Union Square a few weeks ago. It was pretty mellow. It was basically a bunch of people standing in front of a microphone screaming that Obama is ruining this country. This was really the only photo I get from the event.
TeaParty05

Some family came to town two weeks ago. On their first day in San Francisco, my dad and I met took them to Pier 39. My two cousins, Jennifer and Stephanie, were walking ahead of us. Just a cool moment.
_AT_8130

Last week, I was given the chance to go cover a story with Chronicle Sports Columnist Scott Ostler. He was doing a story on two Harlem Globetrotters, Curly Neal and Wun Versher. We had lunch with them near Ghiradelli Square. After lunch, we took them up to a basketball court on Lombard and Hyde. I only had 3 minutes to take these portraits as they were in a hurry to get to their next event.
Globetrotters20_01

After taking the portraits of the Globetrotters, Scott and I were heading back to the Chronicle building. We were heading back on Powell, stopped at a red light at Pine, when a red taxi cab went racing right by us, running the red light and slamming into a white Chrysler PT Cruiser. The two cars ricochetted into a couple people walking up Powell. This photo shows the driver of the Chrysler being prepped to be loaded into the ambulance.
I never saw a follow-up story, so I don't know how any of the injured people are doing, or what caused the taxi driver to run the red light.
Powell_Crash19_19

No comments: