Monday, September 24, 2007

Etch-It-In-Stone Prediction #2

In my last post, I analyzed this years Heisman race. To recap, I predicted that Tim Tebow would walk away from the ceremony with the hardware. Colt Brennan sprained his ankle and did not play this weekend. If he sits out another game, I think his chances of winning the Heisman might vanish.

Now for the prediction part of my post. I've been wanting to write about this for about two weeks now, but since I didn't have a place to post, I was just telling friends about this prediction.

During the first week of the season, I watched Oklahoma play, and got my first look at true freshman quarterback Sam Bradford. For a freshman he looked confident and was making precise passes. 21 of 23 for 363 yards is nothing to sneeze it, even if it was against lowly North Texas. But then again, it was North Texas.
But four weeks into the season, Bradford has a 78.1 completion percentage. That's not too shabby. In fact, that's the best completion percentage in the nation. USC senior QB John David Booty has a 70.1 comp pct. Did I mention that Bradford is a true freshman. A true freshman is propelling the #3 team in the nation.

My Etch-It-In-Stone for today is that by the end of his junior year, Sam Bradford will win the Heisman. I'll take it even further. If he wins the Heisman in 2009, he will be the first overall pick in the April 2010 NFL Draft. A kid that has this kind of accuracy and confidence is sure to have a bright future at the next level.

Take it easy,
Ali

1 comment:

Yumi Wilson said...

Blog looks great. It's wonderful to see your true voice come out ... on the page! Can't wait to see if your Heisman trophy prediction turns out to be true! Perhaps you should share this blog with others ... even a few news outlets?