Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Greetings from 9,000 miles away - 12/25/07

So I just got to India a few hours ago. The weather is great. 77 degrees at 10:30 when I got out of the airport.
The plane rides were fine. The flight from Newark to Bombay was 14 hours, and to make matters worse, the battery on my ipod ran out about half way through the flight.
While we were boarding the flight in Newark, one of the ladies conducting the boarding process was stunned when everybody rushed the gate rather than waiting for there row to be called. We started talking and she asked me why everybody was in such a rush to board a 14 hour flight. I told her that this is the Indian way. There is no sense of organization. But the real reason everybody was rushing the gate was to make sure they were able to get there bag in the overhead compartments. About a week ago, I thought my flight may have been delayed due to weather. Never did I think my flight would be delayed due to the passengers taking forever to store their bags in the overhead compartment.


Tomorrow, I am going with my aunt to visit my cousin Rahim about 90 minutes away.

I hope everybody is having a good Christmas. I was surprised that there were so many Christmas decorations in Bombay. I'm hoping to go to Bandra in the next few days because I've been told that there is quite an elaborate Christmas setup that I'd like to photograph.

Until next time, take it easy,
Ali

3 comments:

ben said...

Glad you got there. Got your message but by the time I got it, I figured you'd be back on a plane. Keep those pictures comin!

Dimitri Hagnéré said...

Safe travels buddy. And happy holidays to you and your family.

ECE Leadership Blog said...

Erik and Eric say HO Ho HO Merry holidays.....